Last Revised: November 20, 2023
Colas Inc. (collectively, “Colas,” “we,” or “us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”). This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you when you visit colasusa.com (the “Website”). Please be aware that during your interaction with colasusa.com, you may interact with a variety of webpages, some of which are operated by our service providers or affiliates, and may contain different privacy notices. The privacy notice located on applicable webpages will govern the applicable privacy practices on such webpages and you should not assume that the privacy practices disclosed in this Privacy Notice will govern over every webpage you visit.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect when you access the Website and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us. It does not apply to information collected by a third-party, including application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website; other webpages which contain their own privacy notice, including webpages by our affiliates; or offline. This Privacy Notice describes (i) how we use the information we collect, (ii) with whom we share it, (iii) how we protect it, and (iv) the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information. We are constantly working to improve our administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your information. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please do not access or use any part of the Website.
1. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and fax number (“personal information“);
- any information or feedback you may send to us when you contact us; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details, including traffic data, location data, logs, demographic information (such as location of the device accessing the Website and the approximate age of the user), and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- From our service providers, business partners, and other third parties; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the site.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide on our Website. This includes personal information and any information provided at the time of communicating with us or any feedback; and
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Automated Data Collection.
When you use the Website, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and analytic tools. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Website and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Website (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Website (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor);
- Demographic Information (such as location of the device accessing the Website and the approximate age of the user); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Website (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
2. How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals.
A do not track signal (“DNT”) prevents web applications from tracking you. You can learn more about DNT at https://allaboutdnt.com.
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. At this time, the Website does not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding such collection of your information, and the Website may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect.
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Website;
- Respond to your questions and comments, and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products and services;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Website and transactions conducted using the Website;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
5. Disclosure of Information.
Who We Disclose To.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Colas, users of the Website, or others; and
- With your consent.
We also reserve the right to transfer your information to a buyer or other transferee in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other transfer of some or all of our assets, equity or similar transaction. Should such a sale, merger, or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Notice.
6. Data Security.
We have implemented measures intended to protect your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
7. Your Choices.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Website.
- Web Analytics
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Third-Party Tracking
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
8. Third-Party Links.
Our Website contains links to other webpages. This Privacy Notice applies only to our Website and not to any other webpages that we may link to. Other webpages are governed by the privacy notices on such webpages and we are not responsible for these webpages. We encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies and terms and conditions of such parties or websites.
9. Children Under the Age of 13.
The Website are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Changes to Our Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to update or change this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make a material change to our Privacy Notice, we will provide notice to you (for example, by email and/or posting on our website) that our privacy practices have changed and will provide a link to the new notice. In the event we make a material change to how we use your information, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such new or different use. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is at the top of this page. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice periodically to check for any updates or changes.
11. Data Transfers.
We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
12. Your California Privacy Rights.
The Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in this Privacy Notice. The Privacy Notice applies to California residents from whom we collect personal information through the Website.
13. Contact Us.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our information practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.