The Core Values of Colas USA
1. Safety: The safety of our employees and the traveling public is everyone’s responsibility. Plan safety into every aspect of our work and do not deviate from that plan. Strive for zero accidents.
2. Integrity: Our business conduct will include the highest level of honesty, ethics, and moral correctness. We will not compromise employees, customers or our company.
3. Respect: Respect is the basic rule of behavior that guides every employee in all of his or her actions: respect for oneself and respect for other employees, customers, third parties, the trade unions, society at large, the Group’s principles, laws and regulations, the environment, fairness and ethics in the broadest sense.
4. Teamwork: Our culture of teamwork allows us to work together within the Company, and with our customers to deliver better solutions and collectively accomplish our goals.
5. Entrepreneurship: Each employee should show initiative and be motivated by a desire to win, to commit and to succeed.
6. Transparency: Our actions must match our words. Each day we must strive to earn our reputation rather than simply manage it. To that end, we must operate in a manner in which our integrity and values cannot be questioned – that is, we must be authentic.
7. Leadership: Each day, every employee is expected to give the best of themselves, to strive constantly for quality and to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism – and to lead by example.
8. Accountability: Each individual is fully accountable for his or her decisions and actions.
9. Trust: Relations within the Group are based on trust, which is the cornerstone of autonomy, frankness and authenticity. It is for each person to establish and develop his or her trustworthiness and for each person to extend trust to others.
For quite some time, Colas USA companies have been observing a strategy of vertical integration whereby they increasingly manufacture much of their construction materials. Recognizing the importance of being a good neighbor and the issues inherent in the operations at these production sites, our subsidiaries are making major efforts to make their facilities as environmentally-friendly as possible and to develop an ongoing dialogue with local residents. Our group believes that dialogue is essential to understanding the needs of local communities, explaining exactly what Colas USA companies do and constructively working toward mutual understanding and satisfaction to prevent crisis situations.