“Our actions are guided by the fundamental respect for everyone in the Group. Efficiency, motivation and personal satisfaction are enhanced by open dialogue, quality working conditions, the integration of new employees, training, promotion and the passing on of experience.” – Colas SA
Our Human Resources focus is to ensure alignment with Colas USA companies’ strategic goals and objectives. Our efforts are therefore concentrated in the following areas:
- Live the values of Colas USA companies
- Excellence in talent management
- Act with speed to serve our management and our employees
- Planning ahead to anticipate needs
- Foster cooperation and knowledge sharing
- Lead by example in our interactions with colleagues and business associates
- Colas USA companies sponsor comprehensive training programs for all employees, from entry-level through senior management. Most courses are conducted in-house through of our own Colas University.
- Colas USA companies are committed to internal promotion and career development. Managers adhere to a strict policy of non-discrimination in employment, training and promotional opportunities.
- Colas USA companies have invested in the well-being of our employees and their families by sponsoring wellness programs as part of our medical benefits plans. The programs foster healthy lifestyle choices by providing education and encouragement for employees who want to make behavior changes.
Our Student Intern and Co-op Program
Our companies offer internships and co-op opportunities, many of which lead to full-time employment opportunities within our group of companies. Our co-op programs are designed to build mutually beneficial relationships with educational institutions and local communities.
Colas USA companies offer a range of careers in each of our business areas. We are always looking for qualified applicants with experience and/or education in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Office Administration
- Computer Science/Management Information
- Business and Commerce
- Human Resources
- Environmental Studies
- Soil Mechanics and Geology
- Heavy Duty Mechanics
- Welding and Fabrication
- Equipment and Inventory Management
- Paving Equipment Operators
- Skilled Labor
We offer interesting and challenging work, comprehensive compensation and benefits programs, and a work environment which fosters personal satisfaction and provides opportunities for growth.